Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 40:19 — 55.4MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | RSS | More
CONTENT WARNING: Please be advised that this episode mentions suicidal ideation, suicide attempt, and psychiatric hospitalization.
This episode, Judy interviews Dior Vargas. Dior is a Queer Latina Feminist Mental Health Activist. Judy and Dior discuss the importance of mental health, resources available to different communitites, and Dior's personal journey to advocacy.
About Dior Vargas
Dior Vargas is a queer Latina feminist mental health activist. She works to deliver education and resources to all communities, with an emphasis on the QTBIPOC community. She is a native New Yorker and grew up in Spanish Harlem.
- Dior's website
- The People of Color and Mental Illness Photo Project
- The Color of My Mind: Mental Health Narratives from People of Color Book
- The Color of My Mind on Amazon
- The Color of My Mind on Barnes and Noble
- Therapy for Latinx
- Latinx Therapy
- National Queer & Trans Therapists of Color Network
- The Steve Fund
Resources relating to this episode's Ask Judy question about Roe v. Wade:
- DREDF Infographic about #DisabledAndProChoice
- Statement from Disability Organizations about Supreme Court decision
- REV UP Voting Information
If you'd like to submit a question for Ask Judy, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org or DM Judy on Instagram or Twitter.
Find a video version of this interview on Judy's YouTube channel.
Intro music by Lachi. Outro music by Gaelynn Lea.
0 comments on “Mental Health Disabilities with Dior Vargas”